Choose the Correct answer
1. The ___________ gives the information about the current mode (Insert (Or) Type over).
2. When a text is selected the _____ changes can be made.
All the above
3. Each time the button is clicked, the paragraph is indented another _________.
4. Each time the button is clicked, the paragraph is indented another ________
5. ________ recognises some common mistakes and typographical mistakes and makes the replacement automatically.
Auto correct option
6. If the word is not in the dictionary the that word will underlined by _____ colour.
7. The border is dragged to resize the column ________.
8. The area of the bottom of the page is called _________
9. The option that gives an overall picture of the document is _______.
10. Manipulation of database can be done in ___________
11. ^(Caret) is _______ operator is spreadsheet.
12. The position of the cell pointer can be changed using _______.
13. _________ Option prints the worksheet with the grid lines.
Format ® Page ® Sheet table ® Grid
14. After clicking Insert chart, the cursor becomes
Lotus Development Corporation
16. What is displayed in the lower part of the window?
17. The two types of data processing are manual data processing and ______.
computerised data processing
18. On clicking table format, which of the following is displayed on the screen?
A dialog box to changed font size, colour & style
19. In general, human beings are liable to make computational and ______ errors.
20. New ® Spread sheet opens _____________
21. The highlighted object in VB is usually _____________
a form control
22. The tab that enables user to create a new project is _________
23. By default, Project Explorer is docked in -----.
24. Which contains the Visual Basic code that is added to an event for any object on the form ?
25. The memory locations are called _________
26. How many bytes does the object data type occupy?
27. To change the height and width properties at run time, the code is placed in the ----- event.
28. The control checkbox has the default property _________
29. In Visual Basic, activex controls file have ________ extensions.
30. The control which exists as seperate files with either .vbx or .ocx extension is -----.
31. Visual Basic enables _______
Creation of menu
32. The menu item name, that the user wants to se on the menu bar is known as _________
33. Which is the default event of an option button?
34. Which of the following properties can be modified to change the appearance of the standard checkbox?
All the above
35. The only way to turn off then timer is to set its ________ property false.
36. Which control can provide any types of line related processing with an application?
37. Which key is pressed in any message box that contains a cancel button/
38. The value if 33 is the sum of -----.
vbOKCancel and vbQuestion
39. The ____________ control must be added to the tool box through the components dialogbox.
40. __________ sets the frame, where the animation will start.
41. To run the animation, some code must be created to open the ----- file.
42. _________ occurs when a mouse button is pressed.
43. Which event is triggered whenever the associated object gets control?
44. An event can be ignored simply by not adding any code to its ----- procedure.
45. _____________ method provide a way to draw a rectangle with a single statement.
46. The printer collections is a object that contains all printers which are ___________
Available in operating system
47. Ellipses and arcs drawn by __________
48. The FSO object model enable the user to gain information about -----.
49. ____ Statement is used to Dimension a variable as type file system object.
50. ________ is used to gain alters to an existing drive, file or folder.
51. The document which is nessary for making applications and applets is _______
52. What are the features are not supported by Java?
pointers, null terminated strings, structure and unions.
53. Which of the following language is suitable for writting programs, work on any type of computer?
high level language.
54. The relational operaters return a value.
55. Statements of the programs are executed sequentally is known as ______
Flow of control statement
56. __________ operator is used to mean "NOT EQUAL TO".
57. Which statement is used to break out of the switch statement?
58. Array elements are numbered as from _______.
59. In indexOf(ch) method, if character is not found, then what it will be returned?
60. indexOf(ch) method is used to ______
To search a particular character and returns an integer
61. Argument _ list is a list of __________arguments that are used by the function as an input for processing.
One and more
62. In Java, the main function returns _________ value.
63. In object oriented programming languages, functions are called as ______
64. ________ extends the functionality of a web browser.
65. Which package in Java provides supports for events?
Java . awt . event
66. _________ language is preferred for software development.
67. Variables that define ______ of the class.
68. What technique is used to achieve the polymorphism in java?
69. The main method should be declared as _______
70. Volatile variable means that ______
Variable value can change un expectedly
71. New classes, which are derived from, an existing classes is known as _____.
72. Instance of the class is also known as ________
73. _________ attributes is used to change the size of the applet displayed area.
Both (1) and (2)
74. The _____ method is called anytime the applet needs to redrawn.
repaint ( )
75. _______ method notifies all the waiting threads.
notifyAll ( )
Answer any 20 of the following
76. How can you enter the text in the document?
Once a new document is opened, the text of the document can be typed in big blank area of the screen. To create a document the user can start typing straight away. As the characters are typed they appear on the screen and the flashing vertical bar called the insertion point, moves to the right. This insertion point always indicates where the new text will appear. When the text being typed reaches the end of the line, StarWriter will automatically wrap the text to the next line. The Enter key must not be pressed at the end of the each line. The Enter key should be pressed only at the end of a paragraph or when a blank line is to be inserted. When a passage is filled up, StarWriter automatically creates a new page.
77. Explain what is Indenting the text.
Alignment changes are most appropriate for headings or other special paragraphs in the document. But to make a long document easy and inviting to read, some of the paragraph formatting features described in this section, including indents can be used. For instance, indent the first line of each paragraph. This visual clue helps the reader to see how the document is divided into paragraphs. The paragraphs also indented, such as quotations that are set apart from the main document text. As another option, one may want to use a special kind of indent, called a hanging indent, for numbered lists.
78. What is the use of suggestion list in Spelling check dialog box?
Suggestion list displays the alternative spelling for the misspelet word.
79. How will you add a required number of rows and columns in a table?
The simplest way to add a row is to press tab in the last row of the table. StarWriter adds a new row. One can also add a row or column in the table by clicking the add row or add column icon. To insert more than one row or column in the table, the user can use Format->Column->Insert or Format->Row->Insert command.
80. How the ruler can be used to change the margin?
If the user is not having the exact value for the margins, then the Ruler option on the View menu can be used to change the margins. The ruler can be used to change the margin by clicking View->Ruler (or) the user may then place the mouse pointer on the margin that is to be changed- that is between the gray and white area of rulers. When the pointers is in the right spot, it changes into a line with arrows on both sides.
81. How can you use the formula in spreadsheet?
After entering data in the worksheet you can perform calculations on the data in the worksheet. This is done using formulae. In order to create formulae, you first need to know the syntax, that describes the format of specifying a formula. The syntax of formula begins with an equal sign followed by a combination of values, operators and cell references.
82. What is database?
A database is a repository of collections of related data or facts. Data in a database is most commonly viewed in one or more two - dimensional tables, each consisting of columns and rows. The entire collection of related data in one table is referred to as a File or a Table. Each row in a table represents a Record, which is a set of data for each database entry. Each table column represents a field, which groups each piece or item of data among the records into specific categories or types of data.
83. How is Visual Basic Programming diffent from programming in another high level language?
Visual Basic has evolved from the original BASIC language and now contains several hundred statements, functions, and keywords, many of which related directly to the windows GUI. Beginners can create useful applications by learning just a few of the keywords, yet the power of the language allows professionals to accomplish anything that can be accomplished using any other windows programming language.
84. How will you open an existing project in Visual basic?
There are numerous ways to open an existing project.
*The last four projects that were opened are available directly from the File menu.
*To open an existing project not listed on the File menu, the user selects File ® Open Project.
*While starting, Visual Basic presents a dialog box with three tabs for New, Existing and Recent projects.
*From Windows Explorer, one can launch the project by double clicking the .vbp file associated with the project.
Thus an existing project can be opened in any one of the above ways.
85. What are the rules for declaring a variable in VB?
The rules for declaring a variable are as follows:-
* The name must begin with a letter (a-z, A-Z).
* The name can contain only letters, numbers or the underscore character.
* It must not exceed 255 characters.
* It cannot be a Visual Basic reserved word. However, it can contain a reserved word (for example, OpenCustomer is valid, open in invalid).
86. What is the use of command button control?
Command button allows the user to simply cick them to perform actions. When the user chooses the button, it not only carries out the appropriate action, it also looks as if it is pushed and released. Whenever the user clicks a button, the click event procedure is invoked.
87. What are standard group setting?
The standard group setting are,
88. What is the difference between the drop down list combo box and the drop down combo box?
The only difference between the dropdown list combobox and dropdown combobox is that the user cannot add entries to the list or enter a value not on the list.
89. List the icon constants with value and description.
Following is the Icon constant's name, value and description:
Name Value Description
VbCritical - 16 - Display Critical Message
vbQuestion - 32 - Display Warning Query icon
vbExclamation - 48 - Display warning messages icon
vbInformation -64 - Display Information Message Icon
90. What are the file graphic formats?
Graphics Interchange Format .GIF
JPEG files .JPG or .JPEG
91. How will you use collection of printers for printing in Vb?
The printers collection is an object that contains all the printers that are available on the operating system. The list of printers is the same as those available in the print setup dialog box or the windows control panel. Each printer in the collection has a unique index for identification. Starting with 0, each printer in the collection can be referenced by its number.
To select the printer from the collection, the following syntax is used:
Set Printer = Printer (n).
92. What are the types of scope?
The scope of a variable refers to how long it can be used and which routines can see it. There are three different types of scope a variable can have: global, module, and local.
93. Write an java program to display an your name and address of your school.
public static void main(String args [ ])
System.out.println("My name is sakthi");
System.out.println("my school name is
94. What are relational Operators?
The relational Operators in Java are listed below :-
Relational Operator Meaning
== Equal to
!= Not equal to
> Greater than
< Less than
>= Greater than or equal to
<= Less than or equal to
95. How do we initialze a value for a one-Dimensional array?
Syntax for declaring and initialzing an the 1-D array is Datatype variablename[ ]=new datatype;with in the square bracket write the size.
int a=new int[ ];
96. How many ways are available to declare an String?
To delare an string
97. What are the different types of abstraction?
98. What is class?
It is an blue print or Template for an object. Classes are used to group objects into distinct categories based on common operations and more importantly to decide on the inherited properties. Thus classes are object types.
Class which defines new data type and it is logical construction or template for an object. Using class we can create so many objects of that type.
99. What are the parts of classes?
A class can consist data into a single entity.
* Variables, which define the state of the class
* Methods, which define the behavior of the class and
* Constructors, that declare and initialize instances of the class.
100. What things you have to remember when using notification?
A few things to remember when using notification:
1. Wait ( ) can only be called within a synchronized method;
2. Always wait ( ) in a loop, never assume that being woken up means that the condition on which you are waiting is satisfied (don't use if);
3. Make sure each wait ( ) has a matching notifyAll ( );
4. Notification is object - based.
What are the various functions of the icons in the table formatting tool bar?
* - Table
What are functions? How you can use them in your worksheet? Give an example.
are predefined formulae that are available in starcalc.
What are all the steps involved in designing a form in Starbase?
To design a form in Starbase
the procedure followed is:
Give an example for Select Case statement.
Key Down event would check for a series
of keys that might have been pressed. Following is the Key Down process using
the Select Case statement.
How will you use the input Box function?
Using the InputBox Function :-
The following code shows the syntax of an input box, It
is very similar to the message box. However, there are a few unique
Explain various types of Graphic control in detail?
How will you link control to the ado data control?
Linking Controls to the Add Data Control :-
At this point of time
only an ADO Data Control is on the form. This control is to be connected to
the Access sample database table - student. Now, three text boxes and three
labels are added to the form so that it looks similar each of text boxes is
selected and its DataSource property is set to
Adodc1. Selecting the value from the dropdown list box does this easily.
Adodc1 is the only choice because it is the only data source on the form.
Forms can have multiple data sources, but too many can seriously degrade the
performance of the application.
Explain For statement with example?
The For Statement:-
As the names indicates, the for statement is used to repeat one or more statements
for a specified number of times. The general format of the for statement is
Initialization - statement that assigns
an initial value to the control variable. The control variable is a variable
that is used to keep track of the number of times the loop has to be
repeated. this statement is executed once at the
beginning of the loop.
Test - a condition that compares the
control variable with a value to find out if the loop has been repeated the
required number of times. If the condition is true, the loop is repeated
again. If the condition is false, control is passed to statement after the
loop. The test is performed at the start of every iteration.
Increment _ a statement that increases (or decreases) the value of the control variable by a
specified number every time the loop is executed. This statement in
executed at the end of every iteration.
Given below is a flowchart to explain the for loop.
When this program is executed, first,
the control variable of the loop, count is initialized to 1. Next, the
condition count <= 10 is evaluated to see if the loop should be executed
at least once. Since the condition is true, the number 1 is displayed on the
screen. Next, the control variable, count is incremented by 1 and the
condition is evaluated again. Since it is true, 2 is displayed on the screen.
In this way the loop is repeated till the condition becomes false.
Explain Recursion with an example?
A function calling itself is known as Recursion.For example let we consider these two programs.In first program the factorial of given number
is calculated by using for loop without using sub routine.In
second program the function fact(num),is calling itself several times until
the value of num reaches to 1.
In this program a function fact is used to calculate the factorial. The function fact, calculates the factorial by calling itself. This is called as recursion and such a function is called recursive function.
Give an example for Public and Private modifiers with constructors?